Monday, January 23, 2017

Learning all the unique voices

So I kept searching through Youtube videos to figure out what I liked in tone and style. I was listening to these beautiful pieces:

There was that post from yesterday with this gorgeous piece:


And I found this one:

 

Then I found this beauty that showcased 13 different instruments with the same player playing the same pieces. It really gives a feel for how they different voices/instruments compare and I know it's the instruments and not the player:




And this one, similarly with 12 different instruments, almost all of them different from what was shared above:


Oh my goodness! So many freaking choices! Then, I stumbled onto something completely different, but still a diatonic accordion with the base I love. This style of diatonic accordion is called a steirische button box/accordion. How can you not love this?


So, on melnet people kept asking me, "What do you like?" All of it???? OK, maybe not all of it. I do not like this... (next post).

No comments:

Post a Comment