Friday, January 27, 2017

Waiting in a queue - my instrument

Because I am on a budget and because I'm wanting to do this in a logical, smart way. I didn't want to spend a fortune on a beginner instrument and on something I didn't know if I would continue with or not.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I found on my own and was later directed to a person who refurbishes button box accordions as well as plays. He helped me choose an instrument and now it's just getting tuned up and cleaned up for use once again - bringing life back to an old accordion. That brings him joy to do and brings me joy to re-use and repurpose too. Need a box? or want to learn more about different diatonic accordions? Scott can help you out and his prices are very reasonable.


Here is a link to his website, where he demonstrates all his instruments (so crucial to buying): Bellinger's Button Boxes. You can see all his videos of current instruments for sale and sold instruments here.

As much as I'm excited to get my instrument, I am yearning for the beautiful instrument I just want to stare at and pet - as much decoration as useful instrument. Like these:




But to ever justify that level of instrument, I'll have to be quite good and really love it. Though there are smaller, less fancy ones that will do just fine by a couple of brands - like these:


But what I have on the way, and I'm so excited about is this below. I should get it in about a month. See, I can be patient!


The seller has sold one nearly identical to it and once the keys are cleaned up and such, it will look more like this:



And now I wait... and dream...

___________________________

Addendum: I wrote this post the day I put a deposit on it. That was over a week ago. Since then I've learned more. Started to worry a bit more and my life has gotten super busy again, but way more stressful again. I am hoping this is a good stress reliever as things here in the US if you are a liberal are pretty bleak feeling right now - one week into Trump's term in office.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, button boxes are definitely good stress relievers, especially when played within reach of certain beverages of low-ish alcohol content and a bunch of friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete