Friday, February 17, 2017

Not much time, but practicing where I can




















Life has gotten busy the last couple days. I was commuting or at the office 14 hours on Thursday. I brought the GC instrument in case I found time to practice, but I did not. Today is a work from home day and I started bright and early, but between work with two jobs, making meals, teaching my older son to drive, spending time homeschooling my younger son, and grocery shopping, I was only able to nab about 15 minutes total. Tomorrow should be better.

To wind down the last two days, however, I started nabbing things for pinterest to post different forms of (non photographic) artwork pieces that included some type of squeeze box. I'll probably divide them out by theme/style at some point, but from about midnight until 2 am yesterday I grabbed about 400 of them, and today between 11 pm and 12:20 am, I grabbed the rest. There's probably some duplicates in there, but I have nearly enough pieces to supply 3 years of posts with accordion, concertina, and melodeon images. You can tell it's an important instrument through the last 100 years just by the shear number of things I found in such a quick time. Here is the link to the board. I've also created a Pinterest link on the sidebar.

I decided I would use a piece or two a day to include on this blog. Today I picked a cute pair - before and after. With more searching, I found a different pair, but quite similar. I'm not sure if the second pair are also Riedler or a copy cat artist... but they're cute. Looking forward to some more practice time, but if you want to see the stash of squeeze box images, feel free to take a peek on Pinterest.







No comments:

Post a Comment