Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Two steps forward, one step back?

That is what it felt like today - a disaster of some sort. Like I took a step back. I played better two days ago than I did today! Wah! I couldn't untie my hands well with 3/4 time. I was mis-remembering all the push-pull and where the buttons were. I was totally relying on the fingering help row - the one thing that I shouldn't look at as I'm learning as those will disappear soon. ACK! It may be Valentine's Day, but the melodeon wasn't showing me much love today. Wah!

But I stuck with it for almost an hour. That is the way it goes sometimes. Though, I didn't have it in me to go back to stumble so terribly through things I did 4-5 days ago, so I stuck with things mostly I got to a couple days ago in the G row, but a couple in the C row too. Maybe I'm just tired today. I don't know.

But, I'm not feeling overly satisfied. I'm having to remind myself that today is only day 9 or so and I missed two days of practice, so it's only day 7 - 7 hours is not a lot of time to master anything! Even simple little tunes.

I did play (right hand only) twinkle twinkle from my head and that came instantly, so there is progress, but man is it slow.

Here is a march that isn't very marchy that I got to a 3 days ago. And following that is waltz that I got to today. So, I've gone through this, stumbling and falling, a couple of times before recording it. Learning something new and it shows the painful process. Yes, it's that bad! I post it because one day, I'll see, "Wow, look how far you've come!" I hope!




No comments:

Post a Comment